[pm-h] which book to buy?

Paul Archer tigger at io.com
Wed Jun 13 07:58:35 PDT 2007

9:39am, Kevin Shaum wrote:

> On 6/13/07, Paul Archer <tigger at io.com> wrote:
>>
>> "Learning Perl Objects, References & Modules", definitely.
>> (that may be "Intermediate Perl" now.)
>
> I believe that's right. They renamed it with the new edition, and it
> now covers a bit more ground.
>
> Actually, I'd suggest subscribing to O'Reilly's Safari service
> (http://safari.oreilly.com/) and review all three online. It's
> $20/month for 10 books at a time, or $40/month for unlimited access.
> Even if you don't like reading books online, it's a way to check out
> the content of books in advance before you lay down real money for the
> dead-tree version.

I forgot to mention Safari myself. I've got an unlimited account through
work, and it's totally worth it--especially if you're in IT, and need
information on some arcane subject, but aren't going to be working with it
enough to justify buying a whole book on said subject.

Plus, they have a 15 or 30 day (I forget) free trial period.

Paul