[hbpm] Blogging?

Daniel Hopkirk hoppers99 at maxnet.co.nz
Fri Feb 28 02:31:16 CST 2003

www.blogger.com provides a hosted blogging service.

Until a few days before this post I didn't know what blogging was either,
then I got pointed to that site. At that point, I rapidly realised that it
is a very basic message board or forum variation. I made something similar
on my intranet site. You post an item, and it displays it at the top
(usually) of the list!

Now, I don't presume to know all the finer details, and I am sure that
blogging in its true sense must involve a bit more, but that is the general
gist that I get.

And as for the review (Since that was the real question), nice work. I am
going to have to read it more thoroughly when I have time, as I only skimmed
it.
I cant say that I have ever heard of Blosxom! Have you found it to be very
complex, or is it the sort of thing that you could whip together yourself in
an hour or two? I prefer to do my own scripts where possible.

How useful do you think blogging is to the average web site? What uses does
it fulfil?

Regards,
Daniel Hopkirk
http://hawkesbay.pm.org