[Edinburgh-pm] edinburgh.pm "tour"

Struan Donald struan at exo.org.uk
Fri Nov 1 04:51:20 PDT 2013

On 1 Nov 2013, at 1 11:40, Murray <perl at minty.org> wrote:

> fwiw ... for venues ... my understanding of the holy grail, in no particular
> order:
>
>    - real ale
>    - no background music / loud TVs / pub quiz
>    - serves decent food, not too fancy/pricey
>    - tables book-able
>    - reasonably central
>    - has wifi
>    - friendly staff

Hi,

de-lurking to say that I was in the Kenilworth on Wednesday and it seemed to
meet most of these conditions:

http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/thekenilworthrosestreetedinburgh/

No idea about wifi or bookability of the tables but it did everything else.

> However, I've little hope we'll get one place that does all those perfectly for
> all people.
>
> Yours,
> Edinburgh Perl Cat Herder
>
> ps. it was also suggested we might try a meeting in Glasgow and/or St Andrew's
> ... just to give the whole tour thing a bit more rigour.  Thoughts?

If there's a meeting in St Andrews I might even manage to make it.

Struan