[Edinburgh-pm] Silly Season Beer?

Murray perl at minty.org
Thu Aug 23 07:37:02 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 02:43:09PM +0100, Robert Rothenberg wrote:
> New York.pm used to movie nights, which involved a talk (sometimes), going
> to a pub for dinner, and then a movie.  I like the idea, and was thinking
> maybe we could start doing that on some months in addition to pubs.
>
> What do you think?

So which cinemas are near to pubs that are in areas we'd all consider?

Cameo?

Odeon on Lothian Road?

Film House?  (also does so-so food)

I'm up for a little variety if others are.

If there are people actually willing to do a talk, I can look into whether we
could use thereg's offices for that.  It's a room at least as big as where
Glasgow.pm met in S1, but it's not setup as a meeting room -- just desks &
three chairs -- and being a rented office, I'm not sure how easily we can
"borrow" extra chairs ... which might limit the seating a bit.  Guess it
depends how many people would be interested.  No promises, but I can ask if
there is interest.

We're on Hanover St, so I think the nearest cinemas would be the ones above, up
Lothian road.