[Edinburgh-pm] Happy Birthday Television

Murray perl at minty.org
Fri Jan 21 02:20:39 PST 2011

My sources [1] tell me that on 27th Jan 1926, "John Baird, a Scottish inventor,
demonstrated a pictorial transmission machine called television".

This would seem like an auspicious reason, where one needed, to celebrate and
consume beverage.  As it happens, 27th Jan (next thursday) is also the 4th
thursday of the month, meaning edinburgh.pm.

I've been rather lax in my attendance of late, but nothing a new years
resolution can't fix.  More edinburgh.pm beer!

So does anyone else want to just switch off your television set and go out and
do something less boring instead? [2]

[1] http://on-this-day.com/onthisday/thedays/alldays/jan27.htm
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_Don%27t_You%3F