[Edinburgh-pm] Glasgow.pm Call for Talks January 2011

Marco Fontani fontani at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 05:55:06 PST 2011

Happy new year everybody!

The first meeting of the Glasgow Perl Mongers for 2011 is nearing.

Our next meeting will be 2011-01-13, at the usual venue.

We did not have a meeting last month due to the extreme weather
conditions across Scotland, which meant that several members could not
make it.

I apologize again if this was communicated a bit too late :(

I believe Miles was preparing a talk on the hackaton we attended back
in November, and I have a couple talks I will be able to present (LPW
2010, and others).

In order to start 2011 with the right foot, does anybody else have a
talk they'd like to present?

Even a 5-minute lightning talk would be greatly appreciated, so don't
be shy: eight days are more than enough to create a 5-minute talk :)

As always please advise myself/the list if you'd like to present a
talk, so I can update the website and so people know what to expect on
our next meeting.

In other news, we're trying to merge the Edinburgh Dynamic Languages
conference with another event likely happening at roughly the same
time. More news on this at the next monthly meeting.

I wish you a very happy new year, and look forward to hearing from you soon,
-marco-

--
Marco Fontani
Glasgow Perl Mongers - http://glasgow.pm.org/