[Edinburgh-pm] Picnic in the Meadows, Thur 25th Aug

Murray perl at minty.org
Mon Aug 22 07:32:32 PDT 2011

Thursday is the monthly meeting date!  Yay!!

The previous poll strongly favoured a picnic on the Meadows.

I'd suggest we meet around the north side of the park, and that Cloisters be
our rainy-day alternative [1].  At least, nobody's suggested otherwise after my
last mail.  Bueller, Bueller, anyone?

I've marked a meeting spot, Cloisters & the local Sainsbury's store here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209531368115308613302.0004ab18b6edf2e555db0&msa=0

Public toilets are conspicuous by their absence.

Bring whatever food and drink you want to consume or share.  I note that BBQs
are officially not allowed.  Remember it can get cool quickly once the sun
drops, and something like a rug to sit on is useful if the ground is "damp".

If anyone would like my mobile number to confirm plans "on the ground/day",
email me off list. Also, I shall try and post any last second change of plans
to the list here.

Yours,
Captain Logistics.

[1] I realise there are closer pubs, but in terms of size, seating, food &
real-ale, I reckon Cloisters wins.