[Edinburgh-pm] Send UTF8 info across Socket connection

Murray perl at minty.org
Thu Sep 9 05:40:09 PDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 01:30:22PM +0100, Alex Brelsfoard wrote:
> I have perl scripts that are reading in/creating string content in UTF8
> encoding, and then sending that data across a socket connection (using
> IO::Socket::INET), in a $socket->send($string,0) format.

I feel your pain.  Not sure if this will help or not:

http://www.ahinea.com/en/tech/perl-unicode-struggle.html

My only other offering is http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Devel::Peek

It can be handy figuring out where things are getting garbled, as it
tells you what Perl thinks is in your variables at a given point in
code.