[Edinburgh-pm] venue

Miles Gould miles at assyrian.org.uk
Fri Feb 19 04:58:31 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:49:16PM +0000, Murray wrote:
> On the subject of administrative issues ... I find I much prefer the
> Cumberland Bar [1] to the Guildford Arms [2] these days.

I like the Cumberland a lot, but there's usually a mountaineering group
in the back room on Thursdays, which means there's not much space for
us. It would work better if we shifted the meeting date.

[On the other hand, I've been meaning to get off my arse and sort out
some climbing partners for what remains of the winter. So if you don't
mind me disappearing off for half an hour to talk about mountains, I
could live with that...]

Miles

--
If you drink a litre of water, all of a sudden you weigh two more pounds.
  -- dairem summarises the British approach to measurement systems, Reddit