[Edinburgh-pm] Miles is now very very old, and needs cheering up

Miles Gould miles at assyrian.org.uk
Tue Apr 13 08:38:13 PDT 2010

Dear all,

Today is my thirtieth birthday. Yay. Now, it's a bit late to plan
anything major for tonight (though if anyone fancies meeting for a pint
after Dorkbot, give me a shout), so I thought we could do something at
the weekend. Specifically, I'd like to suggest a picnic, in the
Meadows*, on Saturday afternoon (starting at, let's say 1pm) followed by
board games round at our flat. If it rains (which it's currently not
predicted to) we can move inside earlier. We can provide crash space and
bedding for something like seven people. Come along for some or all of
the day, and bring friends/partners/hangers-on/anyone I forgot to invite.

The following day we'd thought of catching the train out to Fife and
going for a walk along the coast, but I could probably be talked into
going climbing (Aberdour?) if anyone else was up for it...

Anyway, I hope to see you all there!

Miles

* I'm thinking the Meadows rather than the Botanics because (a) they're
more central, (b) there's a supermarket, for the purchasing of tasty
food, (c) otherwise hard-to-reach jugglers are likely to be there
already, (d) I don't think you can barbecue things in the Botanics.

--
Programs that write programs are the happiest programs in the world.
  -- Andrew Hume