[Edinburgh-pm] Hackathon venue

Nick nickwoolley at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 16 06:08:41 PDT 2008

Oh yes, I was going to mention this link:

http://www.themeltingpotedinburgh.com/

To summarise their blurb:
  Located in rose St next to Fopp!
  Meeting & workshop space for 15-100 people
   - £150 for an evening,
   - £225 half day
   - £350 full day
  Room(s) for up to 12 people, £30 for 1st 2h, £7.5 per 0.5h thereafter
  Out of hours (i.e. weekends) surcharge £50/evening £100/day
  Internet access, PA system and computer projection facilities (extra £)
  Catering available
  Open Mon-Fri 8.30am-6pm (9pm Tues & Thur)
  Prices include VAT

Come with no particular recommendation, since I've never used it, but
it's just one other option.

Seems a day-long weekend event in the workshop space might cost £450
plus £10 per person for "hot desking", plus £25 for a projector.
(Although one "hot desk" and a wifi router might do it.)  8h in a room
(12 people max) would cost £220 plus extras.