[Dub-pm] Quick pack question.

Aidan Kehoe kehoea at parhasard.net
Wed Oct 13 10:29:56 CDT 2004

 Ar an triú lá déag de mí Deireadh Fómhair, scríobh Fergal Daly:

 > It's probably more correct to say that pack usually takes something nice
 > and readable and turns it into binary and unpack usually takes something
 > binary and turns it into something nice and readable. So going from
 > binary to binary requires one of each,

[OT, and not to pick on you, but this use of "binary" drives me mad. All the
data in question are on a computer, they've thus got an inherent digital,
binary nature, and octets with the high bit set can be as valid as text as
those in the range 0x20-0x7e. And it's this sort of limited thinking that
means people in China can't use Chinese in their domain names.]

--
Like the early Christians, Marx expected the millennium very soon; like
their successors, his have been disappointed--once more, the world has shown