[DFW.pm] Is Perl Like Shell Script?

Shaun Dawson scdawson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 11:48:07 PDT 2013

I think that sounds like a really great Perl script (and not all that difficult to write).  I think it would be a nightmare to write in bash, though.  You might think about just writing it in Perl to begin with.

There are Perl modules that make talking to an IRC server almost trivial.  (Net::IRC comes to mind, but memory might be faulty).  Plus the documentation usually serves as an easy example.

Good luck!

Shaun