[DFW.pm] PHP Y2K Programming Problem!!!

Nick Perez nick at nickandperla.net
Thu Sep 2 07:55:46 PDT 2010

This verbose, non-sequitur rant ignores the root problem
here: PHP is not Perl. 32bit time epoch issues have already been
resolved in Perl.

That said, you seem to be in a unique position to do some free/open
source software evangelizing, but please remember a few points.

1) It is spelled Perl.
2) It might seem pedantic, but the GNU in GNU/Linux is important.
3) Oracle, Solaris, OSX, etc., are closed platforms and not free/open
source software*
4) Off-shoring has nothing to do with lack of programming interest or
lack of programmers state side. It has everything to do with
short-sighted management decisions, globalization of the tech market,
and relatively cheaper labor. Please understand the true situation.

* OSX's underlying UNIX implementation is indeed open source, but the
  UI on top of it is most certainly not.