Perl Books

Jason Alexander jalex+ at osu.edu
Wed Oct 6 10:03:03 CDT 1999

Haven't heard a thing about a new Camel.  The cookbook took 3 years to
write, so there won't be a revision anytime in 1999.  The advanced one is a
great book - explains closures and autoloaders and stuff.  Get them from
www.bookpool.com or www.fatbrain.com for good prices....there is also a
website that will search the top 15 book stores online for the best price,
but I forget where it is.

If you people IRC, (http://www.mircx.com/ for win32 people and
http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/espel/sirc/sirc.html for unix people),
you can connect to an efnet server like irc.primenet.com and join the
channel #perl  !!  Randal Shwartz, Michael Schwern, Mark-Jason Dominus,
Chris Nandor, Sean Burke and Kevin Lenzo are just a few of the many people
who regularly chat there.  Chip Salzenberg and Tom Christiansen haven't
been on for more than 5 months. =(  They have real lives or something.  I
am 'jalex' on irc, btw.
--Jason

At 01:19 PM 10/5/99 , you wrote:
>Hey guys, I'm finally getting around to buying my own Perl books (I have
>the old pink camel book at home, as I always used the blue books from
>work).  Is there any rumor of a new edition of the camel coming out?  I was
>planning on buying the camel, the cookbook, and the advanced one, but I
>didn't want to do it and then find them instantly out of date.  I'm really
>good at buying Ora books the week before a new edition is released.
>
>Thanks much.

>"The number you have dialed is imaginary.
>Please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again."

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org