[Classiccity-pm] Very First ClassicCity.pm this Thursday

Darrell Golliher darrell at golliher.net
Mon Aug 11 11:41:41 CDT 2003

  I'd like to remind everybody that ClassicCity.pm meets for the very
  first time this Thursday, August 14th, at 7:30pm in the small
  conference room of the Athens Regional Library on Baxter Street.  The
  meeting will start promptly at 7:30pm.

  Ours is a very small group.  I hope you can all make it to the
  meeting.  Everyone is invited to take 5 minutes of the meeting and
  making it their very own soap box.  I'll be speaking, Mark Hazen
  will be speaking and I hope some of you will write and say you'd
  like to speak too.   This format lends itself to all kinds of fun.
  If you want to take 5 minutes and read perl poetry, go for it.  Five
  minutes to go on a rant against XML?  Go for it.  Five minutes to
  talk about your own project?  Go for it.

  The agenda so far:

 * Group business.   Our group isn't likely to need much
   administration and I hope to keep this section short.

 * Talk by Mark Hazen:  TBA  (5 minutes)

 * Talk by Darrell Golliher: Selections from my favorite Perl Modules
    Part I (5 minutes)

 Please go to http://classiccity.pm.org/null?FirstMeeting and put your
 name down if you are planning to attend.

 Also, please feel free to edit that page and put your own five minute
 talk on the agenda.

 See you Thursday!

-Darrell Golliher, Perl Monger