[Classiccity-pm] Checking version of an installed module?

Keith Ledford keith-classiccitypm at ledfords.us
Tue Aug 5 14:15:39 CDT 2003

perl -M<module> -e 'print $<module>::VERSION;'

ex. perl -MXML::Parser -e 'print $XML::Parser::VERSION ."\n";'

To see what modules have a newer version available:
perl -e 'use CPAN; CPAN::Shell->r'

HTH!

P.S. The person that works for my was just doing this very thing.

* Darrell Golliher <darrell at golliher.net> [20030805 15:03]:

>  From time to time I get curious about what version of a module, like
>  DBI, is installed on a system.  Does anybody know of a way to find it
>  without visiting the module itself and viewng it's source?
>
> tia,
>
> -Darrell

Keith Ledford