[Cincinnati-pm] May cinci.pm status

Michael Conrad mike at nrdvana.net
Mon May 11 09:47:52 PDT 2020

If you’re going virtual, I can join!

I have a pretty minimal effort sequence I use when creating new modules:
    * write a package in a lib dir, with a nice pod synopsis and description
    * write a test case in a t dir (maybe just loading the module to check for syntax erors, or call a few simple functions)
    * copy dist.ini from a previous project
    * edit the names in dist.ini to match the new project
    * check into git (because my dist.ini depends on git)
    * dzil test
    * dzil release

The effort of getting that first dist.ini is mostly about deciding what workflow you want to use and what workflows Dist::Zilla can support.  My prefs are to have dzil rewrite the pod and version of the module before packaging it, and use git tags to track versions, and various other opinions.