[Cincinnati-pm] August Virtual cinci.pm

Ernst, Kevin Kevin.Ernst at cchmc.org
Mon Aug 17 07:39:35 PDT 2020

Sorry, Jon, that was intended as a list reply.

I'd be happy to give a short (~30 min) presentation on tips for building
user-friendly command-line interface applications, with an aside about
Term::ANSIColor. This would be Perl 5, I'm afraid, as it's all I'm
familiar with, currently.

Do very many people /not/ use the Unix terminal on a daily basis with
respect to Perl programming? That gives me an idea how much harder I
need to try to get the Term::ANSIColor part of the demo to work
cross-platform, since I'm pretty sure some other wrapper is needed for
CMD.EXE on Windows, for example.

I'm just not sure how beneficial the topic is for the cinci.pm group,
since it's probably old hat for you guys. I could invite people from
work, but we have fewer and fewer Perl adherents these days.

But regardless, it's a topic. Hope you're all well.

—Kevin