[Chicago-talk] Chicago-pm Meetup group is expiring and will be removed in 48 hours

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Thu Aug 12 07:29:14 PDT 2021

If that's the case and there is truly no interest I agree. However, if there is interest I will help pay. Are there still people using Perl or am I alone?

On Thu, 12 Aug 2021 09:06:14 -0500, Andy Lester <andy at petdance.com> wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2021, at 8:55 AM, Mike Fragassi wrote:
>
> Did anyone else get an email from Meetup, notifying them that the group is about to expire?
>
> Are we OK with this, or should we re-up and pass the hat?

I clicked to take over, and then saw it was $135/yr, and I closed the window.

At this point, it seems to me that a meetup account for a group with no meetings is like paying a registrar for a domain name you intend to do something with but just haven’t had the time, except that it’s 10x the cost.

Andy