[Chicago-talk] Parsing APA-format citations

Joel Berger joel.a.berger at gmail.com
Tue May 8 14:25:52 PDT 2018

While I'm all for supporting Perl and it seems like you have found a Perl
way to do it, I thought I'd just offer one (possible) alternative,
depending on what your actual end goal is.

During my Ph.D. research I found the program zotero to do bibliography
management and I'm not sure what I would have done without it. I kept all
my citation in there and I was able to export them to BibTeX for use in my
thesis. I don't know what its export formats are, but I presume they have
something that can output simple formatted text. Anyway its worth taking a
look if you are doing any kind of project with a bibliography, I highly
recommend it!

https://www.zotero.org/

Cheers,
Joel Berger