[Chicago-talk] Module install problem

Alan Mead amead2 at alanmead.org
Wed Sep 16 06:15:25 PDT 2015

On 9/16/2015 8:07 AM, Alan Mead wrote:
> On 9/16/2015 7:49 AM, richard at rushlogistics.com wrote:
>> Okay, an undepected outcome:
>>

>> # apt-get install libnet-ssleay-perl
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> *libnet-ssleay-perl is already the newest version.*
>> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
>>
>> Just to make sure went ahead and tried to install my packagae again
>> and still got the Crypt::SSLeay failed depenency:
>>

>> Failed 1/15 test programs. 0/35 subtests failed.
>>   FAYLAND/WWW-Contact-0.47.tar.gz
>> one dependency not OK (Crypt::SSLeay); additionally test harness failed
>>   ./Build test -- NOT OK
>>
>> Any idea how to fix it?
>>

> You didn't install the right package. As root, try:
>
> # apt-get install libcrypt-ssleay-perl

Sorry, I just noticed that I'm a dummy (apt-get reports that this
package is installed).

Is it possible that you have two Perls installed, one based on Debian
packages and the other manually compiled?  I'm seen servers set up this
way and installing the Debian package wouldn't have the desired effect
if you're using the other Perl.

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

+815.588.3846 (Office)
+267.334.4143 (Mobile)

http://www.alanmead.org

Announcing the Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing (JCAT), a
peer-reviewed electronic journal designed to advance the science and
practice of computerized adaptive testing: http://www.iacat.org/jcat