[Chicago-talk] Module install problem

Alan Mead amead2 at alanmead.org
Wed Sep 16 06:07:26 PDT 2015

On 9/16/2015 7:49 AM, richard at rushlogistics.com wrote:
> Okay, an undepected outcome:
>

> # apt-get install libnet-ssleay-perl
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> libnet-ssleay-perl is already the newest version.
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
>
> Just to make sure went ahead and tried to install my packagae again
> and still got the Crypt::SSLeay failed depenency:
>

> Failed 1/15 test programs. 0/35 subtests failed.
>   FAYLAND/WWW-Contact-0.47.tar.gz
> one dependency not OK (Crypt::SSLeay); additionally test harness failed
>   ./Build test -- NOT OK
>
> Any idea how to fix it?

You didn't install the right package. As root, try:

# apt-get install libcrypt-ssleay-perl

That should install the Debian maintained version of Crypt::SSLeay and
when you install Debian packages they should tell you about dependencies
(I guess, I don't know Debian/apt-get).

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

+815.588.3846 (Office)
+267.334.4143 (Mobile)

http://www.alanmead.org

Announcing the Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing (JCAT), a
peer-reviewed electronic journal designed to advance the science and
practice of computerized adaptive testing: http://www.iacat.org/jcat