[Chicago-talk] Net::Stripe vs Business::Stripe

richard at rushlogistics.com richard at rushlogistics.com
Thu Sep 10 07:24:35 PDT 2015

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 08:51:32 -0500, Alan Mead  wrote:

       Richard,

I haven't used Stripe but quite a while ago I looked into using PayPal
and Stripe seems similar. The Business::Stripe package describes the
Net::Stripe as "Full featured implementation" so my guess is that you
might find limitations. But one of the websites I read to learn about
Stripe suggested that you should be using Stripe.js:

https://stripe.com/docs/stripe.js

The article said: "Stripe's killer feature when they first launched was
Stripe.js. When you use Stripe.js on your website, the credit card data
entered into your payment form is never sent to your server...."

https://memberful.com/blog/stripe-vs-paypal/

I'd like to hear about your final solution and how it works when you get
there.

-Alan

Hi Alan,

Thank you once again for the very thorough reply. I will be sure to let
you know what I end up with. I am trying to figure out a way to collect
charitable contributions via credit card and then pass them on to the
designated charities. There are companies that can do this for me like
Network for Good but they seem to ba a pain to deal with -- Network for
Good has yet to return my call or my email and firstgiving takes about
a 7.5% cut and seems to have a somewhat limmited API
http://www.massnonprofit.org/expert.php?artid=2326&  So I am exploring
just creating a 501c3 that collects the payment and then sends the
charity a an ACH payment. Doing this will be a great challenge for me
to say the least, but I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for the reply.