[Chicago-talk] Net::Stripe vs Business::Stripe

Alan Mead amead2 at alanmead.org
Thu Sep 10 06:51:32 PDT 2015

Richard,

I haven't used Stripe but quite a while ago I looked into using PayPal
and Stripe seems similar.  The Business::Stripe package describes the
Net::Stripe as "Full featured implementation" so my guess is that you
might find limitations. But one of the websites I read to learn about
Stripe suggested that you should be using Stripe.js:

https://stripe.com/docs/stripe.js

The article said:  "Stripe's killer feature when they first launched was
Stripe.js. When you use Stripe.js on your website, the credit card data
entered into your payment form is never sent to your server...."

https://memberful.com/blog/stripe-vs-paypal/

I'd like to hear about your final solution and how it works when you get
there.

-Alan

On 9/10/2015 8:05 AM, richard at rushlogistics.com wrote:
> I am trying to set up payment processing and was looking at getting started with one of these two modules. Does anyone have any knowledge or opinions about either -- or advice for someone just getting started on this path. I hoping to try to do some sort of comparison before I chose one.
>
> Any wisdom greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

+815.588.3846 (Office)
+267.334.4143 (Mobile)

http://www.alanmead.org

Announcing the Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing (JCAT), a
peer-reviewed electronic journal designed to advance the science and
practice of computerized adaptive testing: http://www.iacat.org/jcat