[Chicago-talk] Fwd: Perl MySQL question

Alan Mead amead2 at alanmead.org
Thu Mar 26 07:30:39 PDT 2015

Richard,

I think that most people will tell you to use a web-based framework and
some of them are optimized for this.

But it's pretty simple to create a single-page CGI that displays some
data and there are many examples available online.  I find
HTML::Template to have a fairly easy interface for creating HTML tables
from DBI queries. Probably a key issue is how much other infrastrcture
you need.  For example, if people need to login, that's going to make a
simple CGI a bad idea.

-Alan

On 3/26/2015 8:59 AM, Richard Reina wrote:

> [...]

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

+815.588.3846 (Office)
+267.334.4143 (Mobile)

http://www.alanmead.org

Announcing the Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing (JCAT), a
peer-reviewed electronic journal designed to advance the science and
practice of computerized adaptive testing: http://www.iacat.org/jcat