[Chicago-talk] Fwd: Perl MySQL question

Richard Reina gatorreina at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 06:59:29 PDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Reina <gatorreina at gmail.com>
Date: 2015-03-26 8:15 GMT-05:00
Subject: Perl MySQL question
To: chicago-talk at pm.org

Hello All,

What would be the easiest way to display query results from a MySQL
database -- running on a Debian machine -- onto a webpage. What I would
like is to allow a user to log in and be able to do a few simple queries. I
know enough perl and SQL to write the queries via perl->DBI but I have
never done any web programing. What I mean is that I have written a lot of
perl programs that query databases and display the results on a console
screen via curses but never displayed results onto the www. I'm guessing
that I might need to install Apache but really have no clue beyond that.

PS It does not have to be anything fancy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard