[Chicago-talk] Dreamweaver perl and mysql

Alan Mead amead2 at alanmead.org
Wed Jul 29 10:52:28 PDT 2015

Richard,

You'll need to learn enough HTML to transform your Dreamweaver output
files into templates. There are many ways to do this but you probably
want a framework like Mojolicious or Catalyst.  I see that the Catalyst
tutorial includes the kind of website you want to build (as "CRUD"):

https://metacpan.org/pod/Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial
https://metacpan.org/pod/Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::04_BasicCRUD

I'm also sure you could do this using Mojolicious.  But, again, you're
SOL unless you're willing to learn how to work with these technologies.

-Alan

On 7/29/2015 11:55 AM, Richard Reina wrote:
> I do not know HTML. I have created a website with dreamweaver that
> mostly just looks pretty and and jumps to different pages on a site. I
> have also written a database app with perl->MySQL that users on a
> small LAN can use to enter and query data. However, it is displayed on
> linux consoles using rudimentary menu apps based on curses. I would
> like to create a website that would allow users to enter and query
> data from MySQL databases and carry out functions such as updating
> users via email when changes are made. Since I don't know HTML or
> Apache can I just use dreamweaver and somehow enter perl code to talk
> to MySQL? Or is there a better and easier way for me to go about this?
>
> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> Richard

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

+815.588.3846 (Office)
+267.334.4143 (Mobile)

http://www.alanmead.org

Announcing the Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing (JCAT), a
peer-reviewed electronic journal designed to advance the science and
practice of computerized adaptive testing: http://www.iacat.org/jcat