[Chicago-talk] perl GUI question

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Mon Mar 22 16:58:14 PDT 2010

Shlomi,

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately from what I can tell both wxperl and perl/Gtk are very similar to perl/tk in that they are very mouse prone. Don't get me wrong I like Tk and use it, for certain things it can't be beat. However, for this particular instance I am dealing with a menu that's built from the results of a database query and I am looking for something with the feel of a scroll down menu using arrow keys that won't make the user grab for their mouse.

Something like this.

#!/usr/bin/perl
# Sample Cmenu script

use Cmenu;

menu_initialise("Cmenu Sample Script");

menu_init("Menu Title","Menu Help Text");

menu_item("Option 1","gimme1");
menu_item("Option 2","gimme2");
menu_item("Option 3","gimme3");

chop($sel = menu_display("Menu Prompt"));

menu_terminate("bye bye");

 I just need a way to make the choices colored in order to fit into my schema