[Chicago-talk] Trouble compiling DBD::Oracle for Fedora core 8

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Mon Mar 3 16:22:24 PST 2008

First things first when working with DBD::Oracle.

I know you installed the instant client, but have you tried connecting
to Oracle with sqlplus?  You need to get that working first, just by
itself.

Then once you can successfully connect, do the stuff like setting your
PATH, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and in DBD::Oracle's case your
ORACLE_USERID.

I've done this many times (generally on some Debian family distro) and
am willing to help.

Jay