[Chicago-talk] Server side forms submission module

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Mon Sep 17 13:24:13 PDT 2007

On Sep 17, 2007, at 3:12 PM, David Young wrote:

> Hi.  I'm new to the list, so be gentle.  ;-)
> I'm writing a relatively simple CGI app that uses LWP/
> WWW::Mechanize to get a TSV file, and then will present a form to
> the user for edit and then submission.
>
> What perl module would you recommend using for the forms generation
> and packaging of the form params back to the CGI application?  I've
> heard CGI::Application would be good for this, any other
> recommendations?  TIA.

 From what I'm seeing here, the fact that you're getting stuff out of
a file fetched w/Mech doesn't matter, does it?  You're just building
a screen that you can present to your user?  CGI::Application might
be overkill, but it's hard to tell specifics of your app.

Can you give more details on what the flow would look like?  User
does X, your program does Y, presents user with Z, user enters....

xoa

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance