[Chicago-talk] Possible Talk Subject...?

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Wed Oct 31 09:23:09 PDT 2007

Nola Stowe wrote:
> I had an idea for the downtown meeting..
>
> Everyone pitches in in 5-10 bucks and we order food, and watch an
> episode or two of IT Crowd.
>
> We could do a short talk and then one episode instead.
>
> We could do this in december.... maybe having it earlier in the month
> to avoid the holiday rush... *if* moving the meeting won't cause
> problems.
>
> anyways.. just some ideas.

Or we could do this a week or two earlier and just call it a "social
event" instead of a meeting.

(more downtown events)++
(The IT Crowd)++

BTW, is it even "legal" to watch The IT Crowd in the US?  The only DVDs
I can find are region 2, and it's apparently a DMCA violation to
circumvent the region code.

FWIW, I just downloaded the episodes from Usenet ;)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway