[Chicago-talk] November's meeting announcements

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Thu Oct 25 21:05:16 PDT 2007

                  Chicago Perl Mongers Meeting Announcements

   Date/Time: Tuesday, November 13th, 2007, 7:00 PM
    Location: IIT-Rice Campus, 201 East Loop Rd, Wheaton, IL
   Afterward: Dinner at CozyMel's <http://www.cozymels.com/
store_wheaton.htm>

   Date/Time: Tuesday, November 27th, 2007, 7:00 PM
    Location: Performics, 12th Floor, 180 N. LaSalle, Chicago, IL
        RSVP: By noon on Nov. 27th to "pkrawczyk" with "doubleclick.com"

This is a consolidated November announcement for both the city and
Wheaton meetings.

There is no speaker information in this announcement, because we have
no volunteers to speak at either meeting.  Perl Mongers groups rely
on members to provide the content to these meetings, and so far, no
one has heeded the call to speak in November.

We have only had 9 different people present at 19 meetings so far
this year.  We'd like to hear what you're doing with Perl!  Even if
you don't think you need two whole hours, we would still like to see
new faces with new content.

If we can't come up with content for these meetings, they will likely
be cancelled.  To avoid that, speak up today!

In case you're wondering, 2007's speaker list reads as follows:
   Jan Wheaton: Andy Lester, Josh McAdams, Pete Krawczyk
   Jan Chicago: Jon Rockway
   Feb W: CANCELLED due to weather
   Feb C: Chris McAvoy
   Mar W: Chris McAvoy
   Mar C: Jon Rockway
   Apr W: Andy Lester, Pete Krawczyk
   Apr C: Andy Lester, Pete Krawczyk
   May C: Various (cancellation)
   May W: Clyde Forrester
   Jun W: Andy Lester
   Jun C: Clyde Forrester, Ryan Gerry
   Jul W: Andy Lester
   Jul C: Various (lightning talks)
   Aug W: Kent Cowgill
   Aug C: Josh McAdams
   Sep W: Andy Lester
   Sep C: Kent Cowgill
   Oct W: Andy Lester (lightning talks)
   Oct C: brian d foy

As with all Chicago Perl Mongers meetings, everyone is welcome,
whether or not you consider yourself a member. We look forward to
seeing you there!

Questions about this meeting?  Ask on the chicago-talk at pm.org mailing
list, or send email to andy at petdance dot com.  You can also see a
list
of past and upcoming meetings at http://chicago.pm.org/meetings/.

(And thanks to Pete Krawczyk for writing this.  I'm just mailing it
out.)

xoxo,
Andy

--