[Chicago-talk] The bummer of split lists

Jim Thomason jim at jimandkoka.com
Mon Oct 8 18:17:00 PDT 2007

On 10/8/07, Nola Stowe <mrnicksgirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> The list was created mainly because my annoucements for Perl Lunch
> were rejected to the annoucelist.
>
> I didnt want to send to the chatter list because there was only a
> small number interested anyways.
>
> Simple as that.

This sounds like an extraordinarily complicated solution for a simple problem.

Alternative: Post lunch announcements to the Chicago.pm chatter list.
With a reasonable subject ("Let's do lunch!") I won't even open it.
Assuming it hits at the same time as a bunch of other messages I'm
archiving unread, it's not even any additional work for me ("Select
all" -> "Archive").

Trying to create a separate group with a separate list just for the
occasional lunch email seems like overengineering to me.

-Jim.....