[Chicago-talk] Introducing Myself

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Wed May 30 13:13:59 PDT 2007

On May 30, 2007, at 3:02 PM, Jonathan T. Rockway wrote:

> But I have to admit, it's kind of weird that you're here.  If you want
> to adopt a PM that doesn't have anyone "famous", you are welcome to do
> so, but keep in mind that chicago.pm has Andy, Pete, Josh, brian d
> foy, etc.  Your time might be better spent elsewhere.  That said, it's
> not really up to me to decide how to spend your time.

All are welcome on Chicago.pm.  I'm on a number of different non-
Chicago mailing lists, and I've been suggesting for a while that
people visit other less-trafficked sites:

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.qa/2006/07/msg6519.html:
Adopt a Perl Mongers group.  Go to pm.org, and find a Perl Mongers
group that could use a kick in the ass and/or expert technical help.
Then, sign up for their email list.  Answer questions nicely, and
helpfully.  Don't pick London or Chicago or NY or Portland.  Maybe
pick Cleveland or Kuala Lumpur.

xoxo,
Andy

--