[Chicago-talk] Recruiter spam

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Thu Mar 22 15:21:23 PDT 2007

On Mar 22, 2007, at 5:12 PM, brian d foy wrote:

> I guess Andy thinks its okay to join a mailing list, get the list of
> addresses, and then solicit them to make money off of them.  At least,
> he's defending it.

I think it's OK to find people on the web who fit a given criteria
and email them about potential jobs.  In chicago.pm's case, the
archives are public.

I've done that myself looking for hires for my department.  Googling
for folks who show talent in a given area and are geographically near
just makes sense, is relatively unobtrusive, and I think that all
save the biggest cranks would find that OK.  It's just a matter of
where you draw the line.

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance