[Chicago-talk] anyone join perlmoks?

Andy_Bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov Andy_Bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov
Mon Mar 12 11:02:39 PDT 2007

> anyone go to perlmonks,org go there at all?

Used to be a regular but now I'm in ... er, what's the word? Hibernation?
No, more monkish .... on a retreat?

Its (okay, be fair was ;-) a great site - there's lots of good back ground
and they answer question well. Lots and lots of smart folks. Yes, a few
cranky folks but if you get flamed for asking a bad/FAQ question, if you
can ignore the fierceness of the heat and take heed of the fact that you
probably could've done a better job at asking, you'll learn a lot.  Not a
place for thin-skinned folks but then that could be said about this whole
"Internet" thingey.

Andy Bach
Systems Mangler
Internet: andy_bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov
VOICE: (608) 261-5738  FAX 264-5932

Occasionally, we need words we have long since abandoned or that have
abandoned us. We may be facing
 a period in our history now when we need to retrieve "cacoepy" from our
lexical attic. "Cacoepy" is not to be
confused with cacology "bad choice of words." The antonym of "cacoepy" is
orthoepy "the correct pronunciation of words."
 "Cacoepistic" is the adjective form of today's word and a person who
often mispronounces words is a "cacoepist."
http://www.yourdictionary.com/wotd/wotd.pl?word=cacoepy