[Chicago-talk] WWW::Mechanize question

James.Q.L shijialeee at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 06:56:31 PST 2007

hello,

long time LWP user. i am just start to use W::M and Test::W::M.

in LWP, I can post to a form with any field i want. however, i can't find the method in W::M do
that. the field and set_fields can only set the known form fields but complain when i am setting
unknown fields.

this is what i do in LWP.
$response = $browser->post( $post_url,
   [
     field_1 => value,
     fake_field => fake_value,
   ],
 );

do i need to use the overloaded request method to do that?

also, it was not clear to me that when i am posting to a url, does all the hidden fields posted
along with it as well? it seems that it does.

thanks,

Qiang