[Chicago-talk] Certifiably Perl

zrusilla at mac.com zrusilla at mac.com
Thu Apr 5 21:19:01 PDT 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 9:09 PM, Jason Rexilius wrote:

> My gut reply would be find an open source project, contribute heavily,
> and use that as example of your technical achievements.

Or show up to your local Perl mongers meetings and find ways to make
yourself useful.    Head down to YAPC in June, attend a few talks, meet
a few folks, and learn a few things.

The current Perl 5 pumpking wound up with his exalted position by doing
a little job here and a little job there. He described it as going out
on a beer run and winding up President of the United States.  Such is
the Perl community.