[Chicago-talk] OT: morning wakeups (was Re: announcing "techcoffee")

Ann Barcomb ann at domaintje.com
Wed Jun 14 23:55:30 PDT 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, brian d foy wrote:

> On 6/13/06, John Melesky <list at phaedrusdeinus.org> wrote:
>> TechCoffee is going to meet monday mornings from 6-8am.
>
> I knew there was something odd about Pythoners. Anyone wanting to be
> up at 6 am on a Monday is just sick.

Being awake before 6 I can handle; being somewhere by 6 is another
matter (especially when the place is a 7+ hour commute away ;).

I'm not a morning person.  But I wake up at 5:30, leave the house at 6,
get to the gym at 7, and get to work at 8.  Why?  Because that means I
get almost 2 hours of blissful quiet before people show up...

Does this mean I have to become a Python programmer?

I actually have a point to this letter.  I was wondering if anyone could
loan me an alarm clock for the last week of June, so that I can get to
the IIT gym before talks start.  Usually I carry my cellphone, but I
think it'd be a bit of a pain to haul GSM phone + charger + adaptor
just to have an alarm clock.  No need to reply on list, just drop me
a note if you can help out.

- Ann