[Chicago-talk] Regular meetings start again in January

Jim Thomason jim at jimandkoka.com
Sun Dec 17 16:15:11 PST 2006

Is there really a need to split up the group? I don't see any reason
why there can't be multiple meetings in multiple locations. Go to the
one in the city if you want, go to the one in the suburbs if you want,
go to the one in the other suburb if you want. I mean, it's not like
anything'd be exclusionary (I'd hope). "Oops, you can't attend this
meeting, since you live in Lake County." Bah.

Mainly, I don't want to need to subscribe to multiple lists to find
out about events that are going on, and if things'll end up getting
cross posted to all the lists anyway, then what's the point in
breaking it up?

If there's a strong desire to break up, how about Chicago::Northwest,
Chicago::City, Chicago::Southside, whatever? Still has some semblance
of community.

Regardless, all this infighting makes me sad. We all need to come
together as a group to fight the true enemy - the PHP people.

-Jim.....