[Chicago-talk] Django / Rails Event

Joshua McAdams joshua.mcadams at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 20:35:32 PST 2005

> > Did anyone go to [Snakes & Rubies], what did you think?

I went and recorded audio for it.  It will have to be cleaned up, but
expect some audio and video out within a few months.  Audio could only
take a few weeks, but I bet the video will take longer because of
difficulty of editing.

Overall the event was pretty good.  Django and Rails have two very
different takes on what a web development framework should be.  David
was definitely a more commanding speaker, which tended to sway the
conversation toward Rails.  Catalyst really needs to catch up and we
need an advocate here to compete in the debates.  With a Django
developer and Rails developer in Chicago, Perl is underrepresented.

That's my .02