[Chicago-talk] May Meeting Location

Jason Gessner jason at multiply.org
Mon Apr 11 17:00:15 PDT 2005

Hi All.

I have secured a loop location for us to have meetings in starting in
May.

Performics (http://www.performics.com/) has given us use of our
training room (~25 people comfortably with a projector and screen) for
hosting meetings.  I think the first day we can work with is May 10th
(a tuesday).    Thanks to our CTO for helping to arrange this with the
company.

The location is 180 N. Lasalle (lake and lasalle, in the accenture
building) on the 12th floor and is within walking distance (~7 blocks)
from union station and the el.

We will need to coordinate a list of attendees and everyone will need
to bring a photo id for security, so i will help coordinate that when
we get closer to the meeting date.  We have a kitchen, but we may want
to coordinate bringing some food in.

So, that is the location news.  What should we do when we get together?

brian d foy wants to do a talk on modules and/or perl 6, but early may
is not good for him.  Andy also has a project tracking/estimation talk
that he wants to do.

At the last couple of Python (chipy) meetings i have attended, there
has been a main speaker and 1-3 ~10 minute talks.  This seemed to work
very well for the meeting and kept everything nice and lively.

What does everyone think about having andy do his talk plus having a
couple people do some lightning talks (possibly project management,
source control or project automation related.....) and then scheduling
brian plus more lightning talks in june?

-jason scott gessner
     jason at multiply.org