[Chicago-talk] Looking through the symbol table?

Andy_Bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov Andy_Bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov
Fri Sep 17 10:08:42 CDT 2004

Somebody's asked me:
Is there a command in perl (or an easy way) that identifies subroutine
names that become available to the parent script after a "require"
or "use" statement?

About the best I could guess (I've asked 'why?' but not heard) would be to
do some sort of save of the sub names in the symbol table and then compare
after each 'use/require', but, frankly, I don't know how to do that.  Any
help or better guesses?

Andy Bach, Sys. Mangler
Internet: andy_bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov
VOICE: (608) 261-5738  FAX 264-5932

Conscience is a mother-in-law whose visit never ends.
                -- H. L. Mencken