[Chicago-talk] I've got a place!!!

Leland Johnson easyasy2k at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 17:47:07 CDT 2004

I would be. I have wanted to learn Python for a while (great
alternative to be learning while I'm forced to learn java), and I have
a powerbook. The real question of course is how many meetings we would
have. There's really only so much perl and python people can talk
about while under the glare of the apple store.

At the Perl Mongers meeting yesterday, it was brought up that the
apple store wouldn't like non-apple computers there, so we would be
alienating a bunch of users in both groups.

Any website for your usergroup?

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:49:30 -0500, Chris McAvoy <chris.mcavoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Eric, I stole your idea, and tried to adapt it for the Chicago
> Python User Group:
>
> http://www.lonelylion.com/pipermail/chipy/2004-September/000361.html
>
> It was sort of, "wow, that's a great idea."  Then I just dialed the
> number, and was surprised to find out how quickly I got a hold of the
> theater guy's voice mail.  I left him a message yesterday, but haven't
> recieved a reply.
>
> Would you folks be interested in trying to write them a joint Python /
> Perl letter or email, pointing out how heavily the two P communities
> are "into" Apple, and how appreciative we would be if they gave us
> space to have our meetings?
>
> Feel free to tell me to stick it, obviously I feel a little guilty
> stealing your idea.  I promise to buy you a beer (or beverage of your
> choice) and sneak it into the Apple store for our first meeting.
>
> Don't forget to think different.
>
> As a side note, my voicemail message was sort of rambling.  I think I
> may have mentioned the fact that I own an iPod.
>
> Chris
>

> On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:26:39 -0500, Eric Sinclair <esinclai at pobox.com> wrote:

> > > I was in Chicago on Friday and it was still there. Seriously though,
> > > do you have a location in the loop where we could meet and do
> > > presentations?
> >
> > Well, Brian Fitzpatrick gave me a lead on who to speak to at the Apple
> > Store on N. Michigan Ave about using their theatre.  I've dropped the
> > an email to see about using that space...
> >
> > -Eric
> >
> > --
> > esinclai at pobox.com                      aim: esinclai
> > http://www.kittyjoyce.com/eric/log/