[Chicago-talk] I've got a place!!!

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 15:49:30 CDT 2004

Hey Eric, I stole your idea, and tried to adapt it for the Chicago
Python User Group:

http://www.lonelylion.com/pipermail/chipy/2004-September/000361.html

It was sort of, "wow, that's a great idea."  Then I just dialed the
number, and was surprised to find out how quickly I got a hold of the
theater guy's voice mail.  I left him a message yesterday, but haven't
recieved a reply.

Would you folks be interested in trying to write them a joint Python /
Perl letter or email, pointing out how heavily the two P communities
are "into" Apple, and how appreciative we would be if they gave us
space to have our meetings?

Feel free to tell me to stick it, obviously I feel a little guilty
stealing your idea.  I promise to buy you a beer (or beverage of your
choice) and sneak it into the Apple store for our first meeting.

Don't forget to think different.

As a side note, my voicemail message was sort of rambling.  I think I
may have mentioned the fact that I own an iPod.

Chris

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:26:39 -0500, Eric Sinclair <esinclai at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2004, at 1:08 PM, Ed Summers wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 02:02:39PM -0400, petemar1 wrote:
> >> Whatever happened to the Loop?
> >
> > I was in Chicago on Friday and it was still there. Seriously though,
> > do you have a location in the loop where we could meet and do
> > presentations?
>
> Well, Brian Fitzpatrick gave me a lead on who to speak to at the Apple
> Store on N. Michigan Ave about using their theatre.  I've dropped the
> an email to see about using that space...
>
> -Eric
>
> --
> esinclai at pobox.com                      aim: esinclai
> http://www.kittyjoyce.com/eric/log/