[Chicago-talk] I've got a place!!!

Pete Krawczyk mongers at bsod.net
Thu Sep 2 23:42:19 CDT 2004

Subject: [Chicago-talk] I've got a place!!!
From: JT Smith <jt at plainblack.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:10:12 -0500

}It's the Grayslake Library. Grayslake is pretty far north of Chicago, but
}there is a Metra stop about a mile from the library, so it should be
}pretty easy for people to hop a train out here if needed.

I think it sounds good for now, especially in the absense of any other
options.  It certainly beats some smoke-filled bar downtown :-)  I would
also be willing to help transport people from the train to the library if
necessary.

Of course, I may be biased living in McHenry, but then again even if the
meeting was downtown or in the southwest suburbs I'd still travel once a
month to get there.

}Let me know what you guys think so I can reserve the room if necessary.

I would vote to get the room reserved for the regular meeting date of
October 6th.  That way we have a place to meet for sure.  There aren't too
many places with those facilities that will be available for cheap on
short notice.

Thanks for finding that!  I'm sure other people appreciate it, too.

-Pete K