[Chicago-talk] Possible new meeting location

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Wed Sep 1 14:43:33 CDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 02:22:30PM -0500, Jason A. Crome (crome at devnetinc.com) wrote:
> The Wojcik Conference Center at Harper is a self-supporting entity.  They
> don't receive funding from either the college or property tax, and therefore

It's a really nice room.  I've been there for a CSPIN meeting and I was
impressed.  That it's $225 is hardly a surprise.  :-(  It probably WOULD
be a great place to have a mini-YAPC.

> What do you all think?  Provided we can routinely draw enough people to make
> this reasonably affordable, is anyone opposed to paying a few bucks for
> meeting space?

I don't think that a monthly tab like that is something that will
sustain long-term.  Otherwise, what if enough folks don't show up?  The
organizer gets stuck with the tab.  I certainly don't want to turn
Chicago.PM into a business where we have to worry about making the gate.

xoa

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance