[Chicago-talk] POE: SOAP

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Wed Mar 10 11:40:45 CST 2004

I started playing with POE last night for a server synchronization process I'm working
on. The basic gist is that I want to have a process on server A kick off related
processes on server's B and C. I thought setting up POE as a communications gateway on
all three servers would be a great way to achieve that, given our little talk last
month.

I downloaded POE::Component::Server::SOAP and followed the example provided in POD.
Unforunately the example doesn't work. The the server starts and the communication seems
to be getting across, but the published service doesn't seem to be doing anything with
the request. I've used quite a few web services (from X-Methods, Google's API, and some
homebrew) and I'm fairly familiar with SOAP::Lite, but this is my first time with POE.

Can anybody help guide me in the right direction here? How do I get debug out of POE?
How do I make the example work? Any ideas?

JT ~ Plain Black

Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.