[Chicago-talk] Sitting here at OSCon...

Shawn Carroll shawn.c.carroll at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 13:54:38 CDT 2004

I've been talking to several people about conferences this week, esp
YAPC.  The thought crossed my mind to put together a bid for
YAPC::NA::2005; but the dead-line is in one month and I thought that
was too short a time span.  Jim Brandt, the fellow that organized
YAPC::NA::2004 in Buffalo, told me that we could do the proposal in
one month.  I talked to a few other people about this and learned that
Toronto really wants to host 2005.

So, what do I think?  I think it may be possible to put a bid together
in one month to host YAPC in Chicago for 2005.  In transportation we
win, O'Hare and Midway.  In activities we win, Sox, Fire, and even the
cubs.  For a venue, I was thinking IIT.  They have the dorms open in
the summer, several halls for use.  One of our members will be a
student there, and I'm alumna as is my wife and several of my close
friends.  It's only 10 minutes from downtown by el or bus, right off
the interstate, a mile from the lake.

Anyone one else think we can do it?

--Shawn
*suffering from conference induced hysteria*

shawn.c.carroll at gmail.com
Perl Programmer
Soccer Referee